What? It’s been over a year since I posted? How did that happen? Well, I believe those last posts were me on my phone in the middle of the night with a newborn baby who didn’t like to sleep. Fast forward a year later and we’re in a new state, and I get to stay home with my kids. New chapter and we’re loving it.
Halloween is quickly approaching and fall is in the air. Actual fall, not the fall in Southern California where it’s 90 degrees and you go to a pumpkin patch in the parking lot of a mall. Fall where the leaves are changing and you get earaches when you run in the morning. You take the good with the bad.
I’m counting down to Halloween this week with some fun recipes. This pumpkin bread comes together in less than 10 minutes and doesn’t even require a mixer. Awesome. You could add a glaze or crumb topping but it’s delicious all on its own.
Prep time: 5 min
Bake time: 40 min
Serves: 1 loaf (can easily be doubled)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 c canola or vegetable oil
1/3 c whole milk
1 3/4 cups all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl until blended.
- Add flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top so it’s equally distributed.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool completely.